CLN Network News
CLN Job Bulletin: Business Development Coordinator
CCVB is seeking candidates for the position of Business Development Coordinator. This fulltime, year-round position is responsible for marketing to, attracting, and assisting group function
visitors to the Chautauqua County area. Group visitors include motor coach tours, corporate
meetings, conferences, sports events & tournaments, student groups, and special event
functions. Additionally, the position will involve working with area tourism businesses to include
them in CCVB programs and services such as the annual travel guide, membership, coupon
offers, packages, and other CCVB programs
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Promote Chautauqua County as a group visit destination, highlighting relevant experiences
and group appropriate itineraries.
• Research and identify prospects for group travel to the area—prioritize leads, conduct sales
calls, follow-up, and maintain communication with prospects. Requires some travel.
• Participate in travel & tourism industry and related trade shows, meetings, and events (ie.
American Bus Association, Ontario Motor Coach Association, Meeting Planners
International, Society of Association Executives, etc.). Requires some travel.
• Provide lead referrals and bid requests to local tourism properties and coordinate logistics
connected with bids and familiarization (site) visits when necessary.
• Work with local tourism industry businesses to support certain local events and group
• Develop and maintain printed and digital information resources relative to attracting and
supporting group visits to the area (itineraries, website content, sales sheets, enewsletters).
• Distribute printed and digital visitor information resources to group visit prospects and
planners via a scheduled plan.
• Work with area tourism businesses to communicate group business opportunities and
• Track and report on activities and results from sales efforts in order to meet established
• Conduct personal, phone, and email contacts with area tourism businesses in order to
include them in the annual Chautauqua County Travel Guide publication.
• Communicate with area tourism businesses about CCVB membership and related programs
and services that are available to them.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Self-starter, motivated to search out and develop opportunities in order to increase group
related tourism business revenues in Chautauqua County.
• Successful track record in conducting sales activities. Related record keeping, organization,
and follow up are essential.
• 2-3 years’ experience in sales and marketing activities required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Indepth knowledge of Chautauqua County tourism industry.
• Computer capabilities required—word processing, data management, spreadsheets.
Presentation program proficiency (ie. PowerPoint) is helpful.
• Minimum education requirement is an Associate Degree or higher in the field of marketing,
communications, public relations, business administration or related discipline.
Working Conditions and Environment
• Normal levels of office noise from conversation, computers, and systems. Work requires use
of computer and telephone.
• Some travel will be necessary, related to group business development sales and CCVB
member program contacts.
• The work schedule requires approximately 40 hours per week.
• Requires the ability to occasionally move small boxes of marketing materials, weighing up to
• Salary Range–$37,000 to $39,000, plus incentive compensation available.
• Starting Date—early August, 2019
For additional information, contact:
Andrew Nixon, CCVB President & CEO, P.O. Box 1441, Chautauqua, NY 14722,
716-357-4569, Nixon@tourchautauqua.com , www.tourchautauqua.com .