CLN Job Bulletin (5/4/21): United Way Southern Chautauqua County – Marketing & Resource Development Manager
POSITION TITLE: Marketing & Resource Development Manager
LOCATION: Jamestown, NY
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: Full time, non-exempt salaried position. Salary Range starts at $40,000+ DOE.
Generous benefits package includes health, dental, vision insurance; retirement and life insurance
benefits; vacation and sick time.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12, 2021.
The United Way of Southern Chautauqua County mobilizes the community to help people improve their
lives. UWSCC has an annual fundraising campaign of $1.3 million and invests in 43 local programs at
28 community partners around common goals in Academic Success, Health & Independence, Self
Sufficiency and a Ready Workforce.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing & Resource Development Manager is results driven with a focus on gaining the
resources to support United Way’s mission and strategic objectives. This occurs through the
development and cultivation of strategic relationships with donors, volunteers, and community leaders.
They are able to effectively articulate the United Way message through multiple channels in a manner
that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community. The Marketing & Resource
Development Manager oversees marketing, communications and event-planning/coordination, as well
as creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources to ensure long-term
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
Mission-Focused: able to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspirations to needs, strives to
accomplish goals, separates own interests from organizational interests
Relationship-Oriented: understands what motivates individuals and organizations, values diversity
and inclusion, effectively communicates, actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and
contributions. Maintains confidentiality.
Collaborator: takes collaborative approach to addressing issues, mobilizes a broad range of
resources. Must be a team-player.
Results-Driven: focuses on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact, promotes
innovation and is willing to take risks, holds oneself accountable and is self-directed
Brand-Steward: acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, market,
society), internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its
values and purpose, is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Assesses donors’ needs and interests and packages United Way’s work into products that
effectively generate resources.
o Develops messages and materials to support annual campaign.
o Creates materials such as campaign brochure and annual report utilizing Adobe
o Actively manages social media pages and website.
o Prepares written communication for traditional and non-traditional media.
o Delivers presentations to a variety of audiences in various settings.
o Identifies new ways to generate revenue and engage donors
o Identifies strategies and opportunities to best engage volunteers.
o Demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and qualify individuals and groups to give
to and support United Way.
• Identifies potential donors and strategically cultivates relationships.
o Gathers and uses data that supports requests for donations and other types of support.
o Builds relationships across different demographic groups.
• Acquires and retains donors and helps them increase their contributions to United Way.
o Connects areas of interest directly to United Way’s work.
o Recognizes the power of stewardship – thanking donors, informing them about the
impact of their gifts, keeping them apprised of progress on the community priorities.
o Stays current and anticipates market trends and technologies that improve knowledge
communication and interactions.
• Works with companies and other entities to organize campaigns and campaign presentations in
• Communicates with campaign volunteers to ensure campaign needs are met.
• Organizes and plans events throughout the year to build awareness of United Way.
• Engages people through advocacy and volunteering to support the mission of United Way
through multiple events planned throughout the year.
• Creates a positive image – is enthusiastic, positive, charismatic, and can generate trust of
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations or
• At least one year experience in fundraising, sales or marketing preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with website and
social media content and management.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and use multiple kinds of technology and platforms.
• Demonstrated ability to manage responsibilities independently and works well under pressure in
a fast paced environment.
United Way of Southern Chautauqua County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics., or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
PDF Job Description: