CLN Network News
CLN Job Bulletin: Lead Applications Engineer,
TitanX is seeking a Lead Applications Engineer, job description below.
Department/Function: Lead Applications Engineer
Reports to: Design Engineering
Positions Supervised: (Sr. Applications Engineer; Applications Engineers; Design Engineers; Designers)
Leads a team of engineers and/or designers in the application of our product lines to specific customer requirements. Coordinates the activities of an Engineering team and the interface with customer engineering to develop engine cooling requirements for heat transfer performance, vehicle installation, and environment for specific applications. Assists in the design, test and validation of engine cooling systems to meet these requirements. Actively supports TISIX, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, Environmental Health and Safety Management Systems, and supports all necessary activities to fully implement all management systems into all aspects of TitanX operations. Assumes Deputy Responsibilities as assigned in accordance with Procedure Admin/4.1.2/02. Performs miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as site advisor by providing Industry Knowledge, Site and Customer Input on new designs. Works with new product offerings to ensure standardization between locations and product lines and best fit with customer application and cost targets.
- Assists in training, motivating, and leading a team of engineers to support our customer base by adapting standard product lines to specific needs. The efforts include the evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in the creative application of standard heat transfer products to meet specific engine cooling requirements and improve total costs of development.
- Works with the customer engineering staff in the preparation of design, package studies, BOM and documentation in support of RFQ’s and projects.
- Acts as a leader in the development of specifications, and mentors the team in design for performance, durability, reliability and manufacturability. Leads the team in the process of Design Review & Functional Analysis, concluding with the initial creation of the DFMEA & DVP&R.
- Strives to enable the use of the most modern design methodologies, CAE & CAD tools, and engineering practices & procedures. Works to ensure that project deliverables & cost targets are met correctly and on time.
- Maintains contact with major customers and conducts engineering presentations as required to customers and various industry associates.
- Supports the review & appraisal process and together with the Director of Engineering & Customer Development, reassigns employees as required.
- Directs the interaction of the team with other departments, and assures that all procedures and documentation are in compliance with TISIX, IATF 16949, ISO 9001, Environmental Health and Safety Management Systems.
- As designated by the Engineering Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Advanced Degree; 10+ years of experience, detailed knowledge of product lines, originality and ingenuity; analytical & organizational skills.
Interested parties can send their resume to:
Andrew F. Johnson Jr.
Senior HR Advisor
TitanX Engine Cooling, Inc
2258 Allen Street
Jamestown, New York 14701
Phone: +1 716 665 7394
Mobile: +1 716 868 8999
FAX: +1 716 665 7125